All TTS programs and departments actively pursue continuous improvement, and the addition of Integrated Safety Management concepts further strengthens this institutional culture.TTS has accepted the ISM concept by contract under DOE Acquisition Regulations (DEAR) Clause 970.5204-2 and DOE Policy 450.4, Safety Management System Policy.
TTS has adopted DOE’s guiding principles and core functions of ISM on a corporate level and in all the individual program/development plans. These flexible guidelines are tailored to the nature of the work and the severity o the hazards and environmental risks encountered in individual situations. TTS line managers incorporate ISM into management and work practices at all levels to ensure that safety is an integral part of day-to-day activities, and is not the sole responsibility of ES&H professionals.
These principals and functions form the basis of TTS’s culture and have been incorporated into the TTS Quality Assurance Plan.
Safety Advocacy Services
Our Transportation Safety advocates can put your mind at ease knowing that ALL your safety needs will be met. We provides several services to meet your specific needs:
- Motor Carrier Compliance Review: We will assist in preparing for your next DOT Compliance Review, and perform assessments including review of driver qualification files, drug and alcohol policies/procedures/processes, drivers’ hours of service, and detailed vehicle maintenance.
- Security Plan Review: Our assessment will include a review of the risk assessment measures taken to address risks and security plan components.
- Accident Review/Investigation: We assist in conducting an accident review addressing driver interview, inspection of equipment involved, review of accident log, participation on the accident review board, and act as a subject matter expert during court proceedings.
- Authority & Financial Responsibility: Turnkey will assist in obtaining your Operating Authority, MCS-90 review, and establishment of policies and procedures.
- Hazardous Materials Compliance Review: This assessment will include review of permits, policies/procedures, shipping papers, packaging, blocking/bracing/segregation, placarding, marking, labeling, and routing.
- Management & Employee Training:
- Alcohol and drug testing – driver awareness training
- Reasonable suspicion testing – supervisory training
- Hours of service/logs
- DVIRs, Pre- and Post-trip inspection requirements
- Load securement